Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

May 2, 2018

A New Logo is Coming!

When I created Olive Tree Genealogy in 1995, I didn't have a site logo.When I moved my site to rootsweb I designed a tree to use as a logo of sorts. This tree was very important to me. It represented life - a new beginning. My husband of 16 years had just died and my oldest son had left for University.

First Olive Tree Genealogy logo 1996

I was a young widow with a 13 year old son to raise. Everything was different. My world was upside-down. But the tree I sketched one day made me feel rooted and gave me some sense of permanency in the chaos that had become my life. Looking at my tree encouraged me to stay strong, stay rooted to the earth, be independent, and take joy in all phases of my life.

When I decided to create a genealogy website on this new-fangled internet idea, my little tree seemed a perfect fit to symbolize my new baby - Olive Tree Genealogy.

When larger banner logos became the new sensation, I  designed one for Olive Tree Genealogy in 1997.

Second Olive Tree Genealogy logo 1997
I didn't use the banner above for many years. It was too dark and somewhat depressing to be honest! In 2001 I left rootsweb as a host to establish my own domain for Olive Tree Genealogy. It was a perfect time for me to design a new banner logo. Of course my little tree came with me and I incorporated it into my new design.
Third Olive Tree Genealogy logo 2001
The logo above was in use for 14 years then in 2015 I decided it was time for something fresh, something new, and something without my personal name on it!. So I hired a designer to create several new banners for me. Yes - still with my beloved tree.

Fourth Logo Trial 1


Fourth Logo Trial 2
Fourth Logo Trial 3
I'm sure many of my readers will recognize Number 3 as that is the one I choose for my site. I was still stuck on having my original tree from 1998. But now I've gone rogue!

Yep, I've had my logo designed again and will be introducing it soon. Spoiler alert: I gave up my beloved tree that I designed so many years ago (23 years!!) when I first started with Olive Tree Genealogy. I'm okay now. I have learned I can function without my tree. Life is good. My tree helped me through a very difficult time of my life and it was a stead-fast comfort to me. But I don't need it now. I'm letting it go and thanking it for being such a good companion.

So stay tuned for the reveal. I'm pretty excited and can't wait to show you!





1 comment:

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

I look forward to seeing the new Logo!