Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

November 2, 2013

WW1 Photo Album Archive Page 8

Continuing on with my WW1 Photo Album archive here is the 8th page in my mother's cousin Doris Simpson's album.

This page was an exciting find for me because it holds photos of my grandparents and my mother as a baby.

The gal on the left is my grandmother's sister Lillian Simpson. I don't recognize the woman on the right.
I am not sure if this is Uncle Ern Simpson and his wife Cordie
The woman is Lillian Simpson again but the little girl is not known to me
This is my grandfather Fuller! I have very few photos of him as he died in 1941 before I was born.
 This photo almost makes me weep due to the loss of photo quality. It is my Grandfather and Grandmother Fuller with my aunt Lily (child in front) and being held is my mother Joan as a baby!. I am going to see if this photo can be restored professionally.

2 comments:

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

Was your grandfather Fuller killed in the war? Great that you have that photo.

Olive Tree Genealogy said...

No my Grandfather Fuller left England for Canada with his fiance in May 1913.

He was in the military (Kent Buffs) prior to that but not once he arrived here.

He wasn't in WW1, still not sure why. My mother said it was because he was needed as he was the manager of a lumber company in Guelph.

He died in 1941 in guelph